4th Quarter Reflection - Final Exam

Quarter 4 Final Exam Analysis


Firstly, here is an description of our product so the questions make more sense. -

Our product is the Stretch TV (brought to you by the KARD team), which is the newest, greatest product in the television industry. This product is the television that can change from the size from a regular flat screen TV to the size of a phone in seconds. It is portable, so it can be easily accessible and convenient at any time.
The Stretch TV uses nanotechnology to grow and shrink in an instant. It is compatible with any streaming services, and has free built in cable. 
The Stretch has a 20k display, a 100,000 Mah battery (meaning the TV Battery will last for about 16 days of nonstop use), and 20 terabytes of storage, so you can download all your favorite shows to watch them wherever and whenever you want. With the TV only costing $299, it's affordable for everybody.


What was the project? 

  • This project consisted of making a fake brand and product in groups of 4 (based on our personality quizzes) to showcase and present. It included making many graphics such as multiple logos in Graphic Design, 2d animations and a 3d Model in Animation, and a commercial in Video that is 30 seconds long.

How long did it take? 

  • The entire 4th Quarter, so about 9 weeks in full to plan and complete each. There were about 3 weeks per rotation between Graphic Design, Animation, and Video.

What were some challenges you faced? 

  • Getting all of the required graphics done in time, and most importantly how we could advertise our product in a commercial, since it was nearly impossible with the limited resources we had. Also personally, agreeing with my members were sometimes difficult/

What did you learn along the way? 

  • 1.

What was some feedback you were given? 

  • We didn't receive any feedback, just questions, since ours was done a bit later than most. So, since we didn't, I'll give some feedback myself. Personally, I feel that our video could have used some work with how choppy it was (in some parts), and that it would be able to be less confusing (I feel that if you didn't know what it was beforehand, that it would be incredibly hard to follow, since its mostly just interviews). Although I wish we could've had more time for feedback and not just questions so we could've improved it, some of the questions were about if it worked with other streaming services, pricing, how it worked, if there were any accessories, etc.

What did you change? 
  • We changed our video (we first filmed one idea, didn't like it, and then did a reshoot for our other idea), coupons (slight adjustments), and our animations. 
We couldn't change much else to make it look better, since we were behind, unfortunately.

What is your overall opinion of your work in 4th Quarter? 

  • It wasn't the best I've done by far, and I'd say this is my least favorite quarter based on my work. The reason why I'm being brutally honest is because I was carrying most of the work for 4 people on my shoulders so most everything was rushed. I couldn't improve my work because I had so much to do, meaning that once one part of the project was done and it met the requirements (for example, the animation), I didn't have time to make it look better than it did because I had to rush to get the next thing done, and it was an ongoing cycle. I wish it could've been better in a lot of ways, but there was too many factors of why I couldn't. In the end, I was EXTREMELY happy to present the project and to be done with it. I wish I could have been more proud of our work as a group, but I don't think I'd be able to.
Here is all of the graphics made by me for our group!


What activities did you complete during class time? 

  • I made the logos, graphics, animations, and I filmed + edited the commercial.
How did you stay productive in the times that you finished early or thought you
 were done?  (Did you research ways to improve your skills? Did you critique your project to find places to improve?  Did you communicate with your team when you were finished? Did they agree with you?) 

  • I never exactly was done early, so I was always productive by making something or fixing something if it was wrong or having issues. I did sometimes look up tutorials on how to make my video better, but thats all that I had time for except for the research we did in class. I tried to critique it, and with being so rushed I noted how I could make each better if I were not hurried.
What do you do outside of class to enhance your work as a e-Communication student or to better your projects? 

  • I make some logos and graphics sometimes, and I often watch videos on editing programs for techniques that I can apply to my own videos on my own and here! I also animate on my own time (its rare, but I do!), so I have some practice.

What are your areas of strength as an employee or e-Communication student after one year? 

  • I can efficiently get large projects done in a short time frame, and also I can say that I have improved in all of my skills (the skills we have in E-Comm) based on what was taught this year!
What are your areas in need of improvement?

  • I need to be more assertive to group members if they aren't doing their work efficiently. Definitely.
Overall Summary of E9-


  1. What did you love most about this quarter? 

      • The experience of making a product! It can be helpful for me in the future if I ever do this again (but more professionally), and also I think it was good for me in a group so I can fix my mistakes in the future as a group member.

  1. What would you change or do differently? 

      • Try to improve my work, if I had more time!
    1. Overall take-away or learning from this quarter? 

    • Please don't put us in groups like this again. Its extremely stressful, and a lot of groups I know clashed personalities. In all honesty, though, I'm glad I had the experience!!
  2. One goal you would like to set for next year? 

      • To do better in my projects, and improve the quality of my work!

Comments

Popular Posts