Logo Design Process

Logo Design Process
    
For the final project for graphic design in e9, we each made a logo, starting from sketches, to a final logo that describes us, using the shapes, colors, and techniques we have learned throughout the quarter to make logos. 



Sketch: 
Although the sketch wasn't much, I was trying to explore different ideas and concepts that would fit me, using several of my usernames, my own name, and combining it with things that I like personally, or symbols that have a sort of "love" or "kind" vibe to it. Starting off with the designs on the first page, they were more experimentation,  as you can see with the rose design, I didn't know what else to do with them, and they didn't feel like a logo that would describe me, so I decided to scrap those two ideas.
Moving on the the second page, I came up with the flower design shown in the middle of the page. It took up most of my time, and I actually ended up putting to much into just that one sketch. But, I was very happy with the idea and concept, so, with that, I felt that that would be the design that I should base my logo off of, since I've always had a thing for flowers like lotuses, and I also felt that it did describe myself. 





Working with Illustrator 
Moving on based from the sketches, I started to work with Illustrator to come up with modifications to my logo that I had first sketched out. As you can see from my sketch, I decided to cut out the line, reduce the amount of pedals, and the extra flower on the bottom, since I felt that these overpowered the design. 
Many problems were faced on the way while making it, and I only had time to make one variation of the logo and one artboard, since most of the time was taken to get the basic shapes down on the flower. Afterwards I cleaned up the one artboard I had, and started to work with different fonts of my name, and as well, I tried to space the flower, text, and the circles differently to see how well I liked how each one was spaced.
After getting the first black and white rough drafts (the 1st, 2nd, and 4th one), I started on one of them with colors. I took an actual picture of a lotus flower and used the eyedropper tool to create the colors that the flowers have on my own logo, as well as trying to make a sort of dynamics by trying to incorporate some lighter + darker colors to make a shadow like effect, with the one petal in the back the darkest , like a shadow.  The first colors that I had used was the colors I was most happiest with, and after I colored it in, I felt happy with the design! After I had chosen a font to go along with the finished flower, the final product was complete. 





Finished Logo 
From the sketch to this, this is the final design! I feel that it totally represents me, and I'm very happy with it! First of all, I picked the colors that I did, which is pink, to represent the lotus flower itself, as well as since pink is associated with love, calm, warmth, and possibilities. The shape in the background, which is a circle, represents positive emotions, which is what I was trying to convey in my logo. The last thing, which is the font, I chose a sort of cursive to emphasize the sort of "fancy" look of the flower. 

Comments

Popular Posts